BAM provide spaces, equipment and supplies to enable a variety of activities using an agile framework that is responsive to community interests and needs.
The initial focus activities of the makerspace will be:
- Computer programming (Coding)
- Microcomputers (Arduino, RasberryPi)
- Basic electronics (Circuits)
- Textile crafting (Sewing)
- Rapid Prototyping (3D printing)
- Basic carpentry and woodworking
- Basic metal fabrication (Cutting, machining, assembly)
These activities are supported by affinity groups that have emerged based on initial themes and community interest. These affinity groups sponsor events with volunteer support, coordination and knowledge. Events take the form of workshops, presentations and community projects.